Many people ask us what we get up to when the hotel closes for January, we don’t just close the doors and fly off to the sun. A lot of work is crammed into the time we are closed as we can access all areas without disturbing guests. So this is what we have done this January.
- Fitted new handles and locks to all bedroom doors. Doors now very simple to open and lock.
- Brand new kitchen equipment and new flooring. New equipment saves gas, cooks quickly and efficiently.
- New booster pumps fitted to the water system. Much improved water pressure means better showers.
- New carpet in one bedroom, and others cleaned.
- Three bedrooms painted.
- Computer networked re-cabled. Hmmm still not working – no help to anyone yet!
- Many other routine repairs and deep cleaning.
So, we have not been idle although we have enjoyed a few days away and I look forward to seeing friends old and new when we re-open on Friday because I need to pay for everything now!