If you love #gardens #trees and #creamteas then come to the #NationalGardensScheme Sunday 19th (2-6pm) at the Gliffaes Hotel, Crickhowell.
What do you do when you close?
- Posted on Monday, January 24th, 2011
- by James Suter
- What's Going On?
R and R means repairs and refurbishments!
Many people ask us what we get up to when the hotel closes for January, we don’t just close the doors and fly off to the sun. A lot of work is crammed into the time we are closed as we can access all areas without disturbing guests. So this is what we have done this January.
- Fitted new handles and locks to all bedroom doors. Doors now very simple to open and lock.
- Brand new kitchen equipment and new flooring. New equipment saves gas, cooks quickly and efficiently.
- New booster pumps fitted to the water system. Much improved water pressure means better showers.
- New carpet in one bedroom, and others cleaned.
- Three bedrooms painted.
- Computer networked re-cabled. Hmmm still not working – no help to anyone yet!
- Many other routine repairs and deep cleaning.
So, we have not been idle although we have enjoyed a few days away and I look forward to seeing friends old and new when we re-open on Friday because I need to pay for everything now!