If you love #gardens #trees and #creamteas then come to the #NationalGardensScheme Sunday 19th (2-6pm) at the Gliffaes Hotel, Crickhowell.
3 Night Summer Break
- Posted on Tuesday, April 17th, 2012
- by James Suter
Three Night Summer Break in the Brecon Beacons
Got a few days holiday owing to you?
Fancy a trip to part of the country you might have never been to before?
Like to do some walking or cycling in the Brecon Beacons?
Do you enjoy good food, wine and a comfortable hotel? Of course you do.
Why not take advantage of our 3 night summer break.
Here is what’s included:
- 3 nights bed and breakfast in either a standard double (twin) or a large double (twin) both with garden views.
- Full 3 course dinner on two nights. This leaves you an evening to explore the many great restaurants around us.*
- Famous Gliffaes afternoon tea on one afternoon.
- Picnic lunch to take with you on your excursions for one day.
- A guide book to South Wales or a walking guide book and a suitable map.
* Other great restaurants around here include the:
MIDWEEK – Sunday to Thursday
In a STANDARD DOUBLE OR TWIN – £97 per person per night or £582 for the 3 days per couple.
In a LARGE DOUBLE OR TWIN - £109 per person per night or £654 for the 3 days per couple.
Want to come over a WEEKEND? If your stay includes a Friday or Saturday or both then add £35 to the above totals per Friday and Saturday
How to Book
Call us now on 01874 730 371 or book online . click the button to be taken to the on line booking page and look for the ‘Special Breaks’ section at the bottom, as per this picture, then select the dates you want.
So much to see and do?
Wales? What on earth am I going to do for four days? Here are just a few ideas on how to fill a few days around the Brecon Beacons National Park.
● Take your packed lunch and your map ( included in the package) and set off on foot on a good circular walk in the Black Mountains. Fresh air, good views and very few people. We can help plan several routes for you. Search our website for walks and things to do - “Great Days Out”.
● Drive through the Llanthony Valley, visit the ancient Priory and carry on to Hay Bluff for a windy walk with stunning views. Then lunch in Hay-on-Wye before browsing in all the second book shops and antique shops. A visit to the Great English Outdoors is must.
● Drive, cycle or walk the Three Castles Tour in Monmouth with a good lunch at The Bell in Skenfrith. About 18 miles.
● A round of golf at Cradoc golf course - the golf course with stunning views over the Brecon Beacons.
● Hire a canoe at Glasbury and paddle the river Wye. Follow this with lunch at the wonderful River Cafe in Glasbury.
● Climb Pen-y-Fan the highest peak in South Wales.
● Visit one of the oldest and remotest churches in Wales at Partrishow.
● Drive to the sea across beautiful mid Wales to Aberaeron. Have a lovely sefood lunch at the Harbour Master before visiting Llanerchaeron Estate.
● There are more mountain bike trails here than you could ride in a month. We can arrange for mountain bikes to be for when you arrive.
● Spend an afternoon at the bird hide on Llangors Lake.
● Borrow our tandem and cycle around Talybont Reservoir and a have well earned lunch in the pub.
● Watch the Red Kites feeding at Rhyder.
● Have a croquet match in the sun and the looser buys the Pimms. We have a tennis court here to, and can lend you a racquet.
● You may just want to sit on our sunny terrace with a bottle of wine and read the paper!
- Or get more inspiration from across Wales from the 1000 Things website. Loads of pictures of people having fun all across Wales