Intimate, Traditional and Family Run – sums up our Christmas
Christmas is a very relaxed, friendly and family time at Gliffaes with many of our regular guests returning year after year. The house is decorated traditionally with holly, mistletoe and ivy from the garden and a huge 18 foot Christmas tree dominates the hall. Festivities begin on Christmas eve with a round of carol singing attended by locals and guests alike all around the piano.
Christmas Day Lunch
Christmas day lunch is a sumptuous cold buffet. Follow this with a walk along the river, a slice of Christmas cake and then a quick snooze in front of the fire to get your strength up for dinner. We have a small number of places available for non-residents and the cost for Christmas Lunch is £65 per person.
Christmas Day Dinner
Dinner is when we serve the traditional Christmas dinner with everyone dressing up in Black Tie with plenty of balloons, hats and crackers to jolly the proceedings along. There are several churches nearby with services throughout Christmas. We have a small number of places for free for non-residents and the cost for Christmas Dinner is £75 per person.
3 nights (24th, 25th and 26th) inclusive of all meals, based on two people sharing.
Small double room – £240 per room per night.
Standard double or twin room – £285 per room per night.
Large double or twin room – £320 per room per night
Large double with a river view or four poster room with a garden view – £350 per room per night
Luxury double with river view – £400 per room per night.
Alternatively call us on 01874 730 371 to discuss your Christmas break with us at Gliffaes.
Terms & Conditions for Christmas Bookings
- Ideally a three night booking; 24th,25th and 26th December is required.
- The rate is fully inclusive of ALL meals and Christmas extras from dinner on the 24th until breakfast on the 27th. Does not include wine or drinks.
- A 50% deposit is to be taken on booking.
- Any cancellations after the 1st October will not be refunded unless we re-sell the room. If a room is re-sold then a full refund will be given.
New Year’s Eve – Party with us at Gliffaes
We have a Black Tie Dinner and Dance on New Year’s Eve. The evening begins at 7.30pm with canapés and champagne and at 8pm we serve a five course set dinner. After dinner we dance the New Year in accompanied by a live band. There are normally 55-65 guests for this event and the cost is £120 per head (this includes champagne before dinner but not wine with dinner). If you wish to stay over New Year’s Eve we ask for a two night minimum stay.
New Year’s Eve Menu 2013
Champagne and Canapes
Usk Pheasant Consomme, Truffle Shavings
Lemon Sole en Paupiette
Tequila Sunrise Sorbet
Fillet of Welsh Beef, Horseradish Blini, Stuffed Cabbage, Bordelaise Sauce
Duo of Rhubarb
Coffee & Petit Fours
Terms & Conditions for New Year’s Eve Bookings
- Must be a two night booking. Either 30th and 31st or 31st and 1st.
- Based on DBB package with a supplement for NYE party.
- Price for NYE dinner will be £120 for non-residents or a supplement of £78 for residents.
- A deposit is to be taken on booking. This deposit will be refundable (less £5 admin fee) up to 1st November.
- During the 1st week of November we will contact the guest and ask them how their wish to pay the balance and take payment.
- Any cancellations after the 1st November will not be refunded unless we re-sell the room. Then a full refund will be given.
- We advise guests to insure their bookings against illness and we can send details of a useful insurance package. You can not insure against not willing to travel because of snow etc. If a guest is unwilling to travel because of poor road conditions no refund will be given. You can insure against not being able to travel by train or bus if you have a valid ticket and the service is cancelled because of snow etc.