Gliffaes Hotel have teamed up with the cycling tour operator, Bikecation, to offer a series of all inclusive road cycling weekend breaks. We have run these weekends for three years now and they have proved to be a big hit with the cycling fraternity, so we are rolling it out again in 2014 with a further 4 weekends.
What’s the idea?
Most of us live in towns and cities and find it difficult to get some decent miles under our belts. Well, here in the Black Mountains and the Brecon Beacons there are miles of quiet roads and big hills to get you going and if you only have a weekend, you need local knowledge to make the most of your time on the bike.
Are you riding a Sportive in 2014?
These weekends have been designed to give you some early season preparation if you are planning to ride any big sportive events in 2014. Not only will you get some good miles in your legs but you will receive on the bike coaching and nutritional advice from a professional coach and a pro racer.
How does the weekend work?
Arrive at Gliffaes Hotel on Friday evening, either by train or car, but get to the hotel in time to have a big pasta supper in preparation for the ride on Saturday. Meet your fellow riders and guides, and there’s plenty of secure storage for your bike.
Saturday – 75 – 80 miles and 2000 meters of climbing.
After a hearty breakfast, meet the Bikecation team and let them check over your bike and brief you on the days ride. The ride is fully supported with a support car to carry spares, extra layers, food and drink (a packed lunch is provided by the hotel). On return to the hotel tuck into a big cup of tea and slice of cake while you wait your turn for a post-ride massage. After a three course dinner in the hotel there will be a very useful seminar on successfully completing sportive events.
Sunday – 60-65 miles and 1600 meters of climbing
Following the same format as the Saturday ride but shorter and returning to the hotel in time for a late lunch and a shower before heading home… weary but happy, we hope.
The dates are March 7th – 9th 2014, March 28th – 30th 2014, April 11th – 13th 2014, and June 13th – 15th 2014.
Each weekend is limited to 10-12 people, so don’t leave booking until the last minute. The price of £495pp is based on 2 people sharing a twin room on the Friday and Saturday nights, and includes the following:
- 2 nights accommodation at the Gliffaes Hotel near Crickhowell, Wales
- 20-30 minutes massage from a sports masseur
- Assistance with bike assembly and mechanical support
- Darren Carpenter a former Team GB rider and hill climbing specialist will be present on the Sunday ride
- Hour seminar: successfully completing cyclosportive events
- Lunch of homemade sandwiches and cakes made with Welsh produce
- Rides are led by a local qualified cycling coach
- Sports nutrition including drinks bars and fruit during the rides
- Transfer from/to Abergavenny train station
- Two guided training rides in the Brecon Beacons
- Vehicle support during the rides providing extra water bottles energy bars essential spares (including wheels) medical supplies and clothes
The Gliffaes or Bikecation cannot provide bikes or insurance
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE CLICK HERE
THIS EVENT MUST BE BOOKED THROUGH BIKECATION – call Jamie on 01435 884368