We have just opened after our annual 4 week closure and people often ask what we get up to when we are closed. Here is the answer…
Everyone at Gliffaes is pretty tired by the end of Christmas so we all look forward to a few weeks off, a change of scene, some early nights and catching up on some box sets. You can almost feel the building give a sigh of relief as we shut the doors.
However, there is lots of work to cram into the weeks we are shut. The picture above shows a snapshot of just one day with all the different jobs going on. Along with all the deep cleaning, preventive maintenance and electrical testing that happens every year this is what we got up to this year.
- Replacing wood panelling and other carpentry work.
- Putting up more outside LED lights.
- Tiling the floors of 4 bathrooms.
- Carpeting 3 bedrooms.
- Painting several rooms and touching up doors.
- Total redecoration of one bedroom.
- Improving the guest wi-fi coverage.
- Putting in a new coffee machine and coffee making training.
- Tree surgery.
- Floor sanding and polishing.
- Carpet cleaning.
- Furniture re-upholstery.
- Clearing up waste ground ready for re-planting.
- Wall papering the lobby.
- Re-writing the breakfast menu (more vegetarian options).
As you can see there is quite a lot to get done but we just managed to get the skip full of rubbish (including a piano) away before the first guests arrived. I hope you notice some of the improvements when you next visit and we look forward to welcoming you back for 2019.