A Storytelling Stroll and Lunch – Saturday 26th October 2019
From an Iron Master to a Baronet, from a Reverend who squandered his fortune to the gentry with a social conscience, the Gliffaes Hotel has had some fascinating owners.
Come and hear their tales, as story teller Jan Little takes us on a stroll through the beautiful grounds and through the magnificent trees and makes these characters come to life.
- William Henry West, Iron Master associated with Beaufort iron works.
- His son, the Rev West who didn’t act like a reverend at all, but is responsible for the Italianate style building.
- Lady Charlotte Salt, wife of Sir Shirley Harris Salt who suffered a family tragedy here.
- The grounds of the Gliffaes with its stunning tree collection in all its autumn glory.
- The river Usk as we stroll by.
Maybe even the trees have something to say.
This is not a long walk, about a mile and a half, wear suitable shoes or boots, due to uneven ground and slopes this walk is not suitable for those with mobility issues. Please, NO DOGS on this occasion.
10.30am – Arrive and have a coffee in the hotel.
11am – Set off on the walk
1pm – Return to the hotel for a two-course lunch and further stories.
HOW TO BOOK:
Book and pay using our ‘gift voucher’ system using the link below. Be sure to book the correct number of people. You will be sent an email voucher to bring with you on the day.
Or please call (01874 730371) or complete the contact form, and we will confirm your booking.