Wales is working on a different timetable to England.
Gliffaes will be open from 12th August
Limited Opening beginning 12th August
To begin with, we intend to open Gliffaes with a limited number of rooms to comply with social distancing rules. As things change or restrictions are lifted it will be easier and safer to open up more rooms rather than be tempted to open too many rooms, to begin with, and overcrowd the hotel.
What are the regulations Gliffaes is working under?
Under guidance from the Welsh Government, we have to follow a few basic rules.
- We need to ensure social distancing is maintained throughout the hotel. In Wales, this is 2 metres, inside and out.
- You can not share a table with anyone but your extended family bubble. You can meet with others not from your extended family, outside but you must maintain 2-metre social distancing.
- Track and Trace details have to be taken.
What measure is Gliffaes taking to keep guests and staff safe?
- Waiting staff will be wearing masks.
- We are restricting the number of guests allowed in the hotel. We are only opening 12 out of our 23 rooms.
- We have trained all our staff in safe operating procedures.
- We have implemented enhanced housekeeping and cleaning regimes.
Afternoon Tea, Lunch & Dinner and non-residents
We will not be open for afternoon tea until further notice, we will, however, offer afternoon tea to residents only. We will be able to accept non-residents for lunch and dinner but they will need to book ahead and numbers will be limited.
But, I have a voucher for afternoon tea…
If you have a voucher that expired while we were shut or is for afternoon tea and we can’t yet honour it we will extend all these vouchers until the end of 2021. You can also use an afternoon tea voucher for lunch or anything else that we offer.
Should I book a room?
I think it is better for you to make a booking if you wish and we will contact you with a least a weeks’ notice if we can’t honour it and we have waived our normal 48 hour cancellation period, for the time being, so you can cancel or move your booking whenever you like. Please book directly with us either via phone or online.